Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lake Blanche

So, I was sitting here thinking of something to blog about, and I really had no clue.  So I started looking through some older pictures and I remembered a pretty good story from when Heather and I were dating.  If you don't really know, I am not the biggest fan of hiking.  I like the outdoors, but if I can drive there, walk around a little, I'm fine with that.  I don't really like going on super long hikes.  However, I was trying to impress Heather, so I agreed to go on a hike with her up to Lake Blanche.  It looked like it would be an ok hike, not to long, and we would end up at a nice lake.

So we started the hike, and it went up, and seemed like it kept going and going.  It takes us a little bit longer than expected, because we really didn't think it would be that long, but we kept going because we wanted to see this lake.  We finally make it to the top, and we see just about the most disappointing lake that we can find.  It was a pretty small lake, and it was filled with weeds!  So we ate our little lunch that we took with us, took a few pictures, and then headed back.  So all in all, not the best hike, but it was some good quality time with Heather.  I think the thing that confused me the most though, was it seemed to be a pretty popular hike.  Why?  Beats me.  But I guess if you want to go on a hike, that was as good as hike as any.




I guess it did have a decent view from the top, and a nice little waterfall somewhere along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment