Sunday, April 8, 2012

Almost Done

This semester has been a busy semester, and having to blog and post every week did not help.  I don't know if I will ever tweet again, but I might actually keep the blog up for a while, we'll see how motivated I am.  The good news though, this semester is almost over!  So this week I was supposed to help out someone more stressed out than me.  I would of course wait until the last day to even think about this, but I did get it done.  I'm in the Young Men's Presidency, so every fast Sunday I get to help out with fast offerings, which has never been one of my favorite things to do.  So I grab one of the teachers and we head out on our route.  We make good time and before we know it, we make it back to the church, being the first ones to make it back.  The second counselor is there and tries to get us to go on one of the two routes that were left.  I didn't want to do it, thinking I just wanted to go home and be with my family.  However, I started thinking a little bit more.  The second counselor also has a family, a wife and three little girls, and I was sure he was just as anxious as I was for these routes to get done so he could get everything counted and get home, especially since it was Easter.  As I was thinking this, my attitude really started to change.  I started to realize that I was being selfish and I needed to help out where I could.  So the teacher and I grab another route, and with this new attitude, we cheerfully went around the second route collecting fast offerings.  It really did turn out to be a great learning experience for me in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment